August 18, 2022
I love the Little Type Co wall in my living room but I wanted to make a change earlier this year.
Recently, I've become a full plant lady! I'm obsessed with incorporating a the concept of biophilic design into my home decor. It's adding nature to a space ; things like texture, greenery, and it creates a sense of grounding to my home. That's why I created the Little Shelf Co - plant propagation vases in a shelf.
Anyways, back to the wall! This is such a huge wall in our main living room and I have a feeling I will change it a lot through the years. I created a couple reels of me updating the space and I wanted to share my process and some suggestions for a quick wall decor refresh.
First, I took everything off the wall and painted it. It needed a quick coat of a paint to cover holes.
1. Paint the wall! A coat of paint is a budget friendly and quick way to change the feel of the space.
Once everything was off I was ready to map out the spot. I use a lot of green tape to map out my vision. I had been searching on Pinterest and really wanted to create a living wall. I’m usually pretty decisive but this time I sat with the green tape wall for a night and the next day went for it. I make the Little Shelf Co's so I can have as many as I want! Ha.
2. Add texture with wood or fabric. The Little Shelf Co is beautifully cut with the laser and come in stain and natural. I like mixing wood colours! Wood is also neutral and grounding in a space.
3. Try hanging mirrors, shelves or prints. If greenery isn't your jam (although plant propagation is super easy and free!!) then scope up a little sign or a couple prints to display on your wall. Print a photo or head to a shop to grab 1 or 2 things that grab your eye.
4. Play with asymmetrical and different heights on the wall. If you have a large space like we do it helps to create a bold look without cluttering the wall.
5. Add plants, flowers or dried florals. I wanted to use the Little Type Co which is like a giant letter board for your wall. And I thought with the black bold letters and maple ledges the Little Shelf Co plants would be the perfect compliment.
I finished it up the next day and put everything back on the wall. Here's the final look of my wall refresh.
So far I really love it. I just need MORE PLANTS!!
November 07, 2022
November 03, 2022