August 18, 2022
I love the Little Type Co wall in my living room but I wanted to make a change earlier this year.
Recently, I've become a full plant lady! I'm obsessed with incorporating a the concept of biophilic design into my home decor. It's adding nature to a space ; things like texture, greenery, and it creates a sense of grounding to my home. That's why I created the Little Shelf Co - plant propagation vases in a shelf.
Anyways, back to the wall! This is such a huge wall in our main living room and I have a feeling I will change it a lot through the years. I created a couple reels of me updating the space and I wanted to share my process and some suggestions for a quick wall decor refresh.
First, I took everything off the wall and painted it. It needed a quick coat of a paint to cover holes.
1. Paint the wall! A coat of paint is a budget friendly and quick way to change the feel of the space.
Once everything was off I was ready to map out the spot. I use a lot of green tape to map out my vision. I had been searching on Pinterest and really wanted to create a living wall. I’m usually pretty decisive but this time I sat with the green tape wall for a night and the next day went for it. I make the Little Shelf Co's so I can have as many as I want! Ha.
2. Add texture with wood or fabric. The Little Shelf Co is beautifully cut with the laser and come in stain and natural. I like mixing wood colours! Wood is also neutral and grounding in a space.
3. Try hanging mirrors, shelves or prints. If greenery isn't your jam (although plant propagation is super easy and free!!) then scope up a little sign or a couple prints to display on your wall. Print a photo or head to a shop to grab 1 or 2 things that grab your eye.
4. Play with asymmetrical and different heights on the wall. If you have a large space like we do it helps to create a bold look without cluttering the wall.
5. Add plants, flowers or dried florals. I wanted to use the Little Type Co which is like a giant letter board for your wall. And I thought with the black bold letters and maple ledges the Little Shelf Co plants would be the perfect compliment.
I finished it up the next day and put everything back on the wall. Here's the final look of my wall refresh.
So far I really love it. I just need MORE PLANTS!!
March 13, 2023
March 06, 2023
You asked and we answered! The Little Type Co collection is growing! The giant letter board for your wall has two new natural wood sets now available! The new unfinished wood sets come in our Farmhouse and Gatsby fonts.
February 20, 2023